Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Great Day

Determined not to let the bizarre blackballing by Google's AdSense throw me, I set out to have a great day today, and all indications are that I succeeded.

I pulled my lovable-but-battered van-conversion RV into the Rancho Park parking lot, practiced my putting for an hour, wrote a short column in the van about Wind Cave National Park, practiced chipping with my new 60-degree wedge, hit 20 balls (man, do I love the Nike VR Hybrid #3), putted some more, then headed home to watch a few minutes of the Hope.

Then I turned a good day into a great day by spending two hours adding 1250 words to Exit Wound (some of them are even readable).

I received an email yesterday from Malibu Country Club about a Valentine's Day golfing/rapid dating/dinner event. It sounds like a perfect piece to the puzzle I'm carefully putting together. Fingers crossed.

As important as improving my golf game and meeting that certain someone are to me, however, the key to my happiness and success is writing, and so I am happier and more successful today than I was before I started this endeavor. My plan, therefore, is working.

Ol' Rudyard Kipling knew the score when he said:

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind."

Especially if those words are whispered by that special someone.

18 Below

No comments:

Post a Comment