Saturday, January 9, 2010

Being Thankful

I attended my grandmother's 90th birthday today, and although the group did its share of laughing, I wanted to take up smoking, sky diving and knife juggling after seeing how time ravages people. What's the point of living a long time if hobbling, falling and being crotchety accompany you on your long journey? My great aunt, Honey, never a kind or giving person, is so shrill, so negative and so self absorbed that she would be a grotesque parody of a bitter old coot if she weren't there in the flesh in front of us, scolding, taking us to task and denigrating everything around her.

All in all, it was a day I would have rather spent on the golf course, certainly. Instead, I simply did some putting on the carpet and watched a few holes of golf on t.v.

I am looking forward to the chance to contribute to The Walking Golfer. It will not be a money-making endeavor, but it should lead to some rounds of golf, and who knows where it might lead.

So at least on that golfing front I've made progress.

18 Below

No comments:

Post a Comment