Tuesday, February 9, 2010

From Green to Blue

Today was not a good day. Yet another example that Murphy was actually an optimist. He said that everything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Of course, this presumes that certain things cannot go wrong, which is not only optimistic but perhaps also delusional.

Somehow I managed not even to get a call from ING. The snafu is too bizarre to go into, but suffice to say that I am not feeling overly confident or upbeat at the moment. I'm in pretty significant physical pain (tooth, back, wrist, feet, legs), but it's the emotional beatdowns that are taking their tolls. An editor I've written for monthly for many years simply can't be bothered to acknowledge that he's received my submissions, an oversight that is significant because payment obviously results after a story has been checked in, and even then the payment is not likely to arrive in anything resembling a timely manner, if at all.

I watched a few episodes of The Office to try to get out of my funk, didn't feel up to working on Exit Wound and will now attempt to read my way out of this blueness.

Of course, this mood could simply result from experiencing a day without any golf.

18 Below

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I was reading this post expecting to get down to the part about golf. When I realized it wasn't going to happen, I knew the "bad day" stemmed from no golf.

    ReplyDelete